We saw Senator Paul walk the middle ground during the campaign season, stating several times that he was going to uphold his pledge to support the GOP nominee. Now that the general election is over, here's a little taste of his thoughts on the president-elect.
Quick summary for those of you who (like me!) hate video:
- He liked Trump's position that the Iraq war was a mistake.
- He thinks that pursuing regime changes in the Middle East is bad policy.
- He thinks Romney is a much better pick for Secretary of State than Giuliani or Bolton.
- He agrees with McCain (and disagrees with Pence) about torture.
- He vows to continue to be a defender of the Bill of Rights no matter who is president.
- Paul does a great pivot at 6:30, turning a question about some potential Trump financial conflicts into a criticism of Guiliani.
- He gives Trump credit for keeping the Lincoln MKC assembly line in Kentucky.*
Here's the video:
Also wanted to point out, and I mean this in al sincerity, that his hair looks really,really good.
*The UAW is upset that they learned about this from Twitter and not Ford. Heh!