1. The government will continue to grow in 2010. Federal pay and benefits will expand in their 'lucrativeness' when compared to the private sector.
2. State and local governments will begin proposing massive tax increases, millages, etc to protect a crumbling civil employee infrastructure from disintegrating. A bailout for the states and municipalities will pass by mid year to help pay teachers' and emergency responders' salaries.
3. Rand Paul will roll through the primary in Kentucky and the general election. Mainstream Republicans will continue to board the train as they recognize the burgeoning Tea Party movement.
4. To that end, Republicans are going to begin throwing around the term "Constitutional" all over the place despite having misplaced it decades ago.
5. Republicans, through no fault of their own, will increase their hold in the Michigan Senate and come dangerously close to taking the State House. The Governor's race will be won by the GOP by 5-10 points. A runaway.
6. On the federal level the GOP will nearly retake the House and close out their gap in the Senate.
7. The liberty movement within the GOP will shift to include more than Ron Paul as Rand Paul and others begin to add new voices to the debate.
8. Peter Schiff comes in 3rd in the Connecticut GOP senate primary.
9. The 'economic recovery' will look to take hold in the first quarter only to vaporize and a new malaise setting in by early April.
10. The Lions will be eliminated from the playoff hunt before the end of 2010.